Tuesday 29 December 2009

Gaining Christ, trusting Jehovah

“In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely; and this is his name whereby he shall be called: Jehovah our righteousness.” (Jer 23:6 ASV)

 “For we are all become as one that is unclean, and all our righteousnesses are as a polluted garment: and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.” (Isa 64:6 ASV)

 “I will come with the mighty acts of the Lord Jehovah: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.” (Ps 71:16 ASV)

 “Yea verily, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but refuse, that I may gain Christ, and be found in him, not having a righteousness of mine own, [even] that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith:” (Php 3:8-9 ASV)

 “Jehovah is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; My God, my rock, in whom I will take refuge; My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower.” (Ps 18:2 ASV)

 “As for God, his way is perfect: The word of Jehovah is tried; He is a shield unto all them that take refuge in him.” (Ps 18:30 ASV)

 “But I will leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall take refuge in the name of Jehovah.” (Zep 3:12 ASV)

 “that it might be fulfilled which was spoken through Isaiah the prophet, saying, Behold, my servant whom I have chosen; My beloved in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my Spirit upon him, And he shall declare judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not strive, nor cry aloud; Neither shall any one hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed shall he not break, And smoking flax shall he not quench, Till he send forth judgment unto victory. And in his name shall the Gentiles hope.” (Mt 12:17-21 ASV)

 “And again, Isaiah saith, There shall be the root of Jesse, And he that ariseth to rule over the Gentiles; On him shall the Gentiles hope.” (Ro 15:12 ASV)

 “who delivered us out of so great a death, and will deliver: on whom we have set our hope that he will also still deliver us;” (2Co 1:10 ASV)

 “And such confidence have we through Christ to God–ward:” (2Co 3:4 ASV)

 “but even as we have been approved of God to be intrusted with the gospel, so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God who proveth our hearts.” (1Th 2:4 ASV)

 “for indeed ye do it toward all the brethren that are in all Macedonia. But we exhort you, brethren, that ye abound more and more;” (1Th 4:10 ASV)

Read also: It is not try but trust

Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Christus winnen, Jehovah vertrouwen

No comments:

Post a Comment