|A residential neighborhood of Tartus before all the war damage (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
There may be lots of aid organisations willing to help, but the problem has become so disastrous they are not able to cope with the restricted funds they have.
Some organisations, like Caritas International even work with people who are displaced in their own country, many of whom have fled from fighting around the city of Aleppo to end up in coastal areas.
They need shelter, as well as drinking water, food, health care and education for the children. The aid from Flanders will help provide essentials for some 20,000 people, particularly in the towns of Tartous, Mashta al Helou and Al Waadi.
Please do read more about the Syrian refugees and international problems around the Syrian crisis:
- Can We Pay The Price To Free Humanity?
- Built on or Belonging to Jewish tradition #3 Of the earth or of God
- Europe’s refugees just follow the ancient routes for the peopling of Europe in the Neolithic
- Forms of slavery, human trafficking and disrespectful attitude to creation to be changed
- Welfare state and Poverty in Flanders #3 Right to Human dignity
- Welfare state and Poverty in Flanders #8 Work
- Are people willing to take the responsibility for others
- If Europe fails on the question of refugees, then it won’t be the Europe we wished for
- State of Europe 2015 – Addressing Europe’s crises
- Economic crisis danger for the rise of political extremism
- Schengen area and Freedom for Europeans being put to the test as never before
- Why Russia backs Assad: a view from Russia’s anti-imperialist left
- Disintegrating Syria whilst diplomatic talks and poker-play continues
- Complaining and fighting asylum seekers not giving signs of thankfulness
- The New gulf of migration and seed for far right parties
- Consequences of Mass Immigration in Sweden
- Asylum seekers crisis and Europe’s paralysis
- Still Hope though Power generating long train of abuses
- Daring to speak in multicultural environment
- Refugees At The Border- A Blessing Or Burden?
- Poster: Please Help The Refugees
- The World Wide Refugee and Migrant Crisis and a possible solution for it
- Social media and asylum seekers
- Israeli leaders delight in Europe’s cruelty toward refugees
- My two cents on the refugee crisis
- Blow to legitimacy of the capitalist system
- Propaganda war and ISIS
- Meeting to focus on humanitarian issues for Syria
- Chemical warsite and Pushing king of the South
- UK forces EU to lift embargo on Syria rebel arms
- Russia supplying weapons to Syrian President Bashar Assad’s regime
- Speciesism and racism