Tuesday 27 January 2009

Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

“...you received an adoptive son’s frame of mind, in which we cry out, “Abba! The Father!”” (Ro 8:15 MHM)

 “Jesus spoke these things, and then raising his eyes heavenward, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son so that the Son may glorify You,” (Joh 17:1 MHM)

 ““...I am returning toward You. Holy Father, watch over them because of Your Name which You have given to me.” (Joh 17:11 MHM)

 “Righteous Father, the world of humankind never knew You, but I knew You, also these [apostles] knew You sent me forth.” (Joh 17:25 MHM)

 “So, Jesus said: “Abba! Father! Anything is possible for You. ... Still, not what I wish, but as You will.”” (Mr 14:36 MHM)

 “Because by means of him we [Jew and non-Jew] are being gathered together in one Pneuma to approach the Father. So, in reality you [non-Jews] are no longer strangers and aliens. You are fellow citizens with the Saints and members of the Household of The God.” (Eph 2:18-19 MHM)

 “I must get up and go to my father and tell him, “I have sinned against heaven and you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Just make me one of your hired men.”’ Then having left he returned to his father, and though still some distance away his father saw him and was overcome with empathy, and embracing him with tears the father greeted his son with a kiss.” (Lu 15:18-20 MHM)

 “So, as beloved children become imitators of The God,” (Eph 5:1 MHM)

No comments:

Post a Comment