Thursday 24 December 2009

Do not be afraid. Good news because a Saviour has been born

Luke 2:8-11 (34 kb)
But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people."

Luke 2:10, New International Version


Thought:

Don't be afraid! What can cast away all fear in the presence of God's glorious messengers? The joy of knowing that God has brought His son to earth to bring an end to sin and the curse of the first sin in the Garden of Eden and to bring salvation to all people!
Fear must not master our hearts when we know that God has broken through every barrier to reach us with his overwhelming grace.
We may also look up to that child in the manger that grew up to become a great teacher and an example for us.
Prayer

I praise you, Almighty God, for the gift of joy that chases away all fear. Fill my heart with that joy and fill my mind with wonder as I try to comprehend your love for me. Stir me to greater concern for those who have not heard, or who have not yet accepted, your offer of grace in your Son Jesus, in whose name I pray.
Amen.


Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Wees niet bang, er is goed nieuws want een redder is geboren
+++
2013 update:
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: