Monday 26 April 2010

Do not be afraid to learn or to speak

"Moses now said to Jehovah: 'Excuse me, Jehovah, but I am not a fluent speaker, neither since yesterday nor since before that nor since your speaking to your servant, for I am slow of mouth and slow of tongue.' At that Jehovah said to him: 'Who appointed a mouth for man or who appoints the speechless or the deaf or the clear-sighted or the blind? Is it not I, Jehovah? So now go, and I myself shall prove to be with your mouth and I will teach you what you ought to say.'" (Exodus 4:10-12)

"But [Jeremiah] said: 'Alas, O Sovereign Lord Jehovah! Here I actually do not know how to speak, for I am but a boy.' And Jehovah went on to say to me: 'Do not say, "I am but a boy." But to all those to whom I shall send you, you should go; and everything that I shall command you, you should speak. Do not be afraid because of their faces, for "I am with you to deliver you," is the utterance of Jehovah.'" (Jeremiah 1:6-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment