“If the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.” (Ezekiel 33:6, New International Version)
- The fate of Jerusalem is one of the most difficult issues Israelis and Palestinians would have to try to resolve in a peace deal. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said he will not relinquish east Jerusalem, captured by Israel in the 1967 Mideast War and annexed. Successive Israeli governments have tried to assert control over east Jerusalem by suppressing any official Palestinian activity in the city.
- The Bible says that Jerusalem will become a “burdensome stone” for all people. In other words nations will become weighed down with Jerusalem.
- William Hague [British Foreign Secretary] warned that the window of opportunity for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict was closing and failure by the two parties to reach agreement would be a "serious setback".
- Germany and France have worked out a proposal for an EU Treaty revision whereby a permanent stability fund would be established and stricter enforcement mechanisms would be created. The proposed changes would give Germany considerable influence over the financial future of its fellow EU member states.
- Tension is increasing between Russia and Georgia. It is definitely a place to watch.
- Andy warns: Catholicism is the only religious organisation that is a nation state as well as a religion. Therefore the Holy See (the Papal government) has a seat at the UN. The Papacy influences governments, rulers and kings around the globe. The Papacy influences other religions and peoples. It has no language or territorial or national barriers. It influences more than any other organisation in the whole world – for ill. The Pope is the little horn of Daniel 7 who stands against EVERYTHING that God stands for. He will come to his end and be replaced by Christ.
- A surge of searing gas raced down the sides of Mount Merapi at highway speeds, setting houses and trees ablaze and blackening the bodies of those caught in its path. + Volcanologists had predicted last week the eruptions would ease off. But they have continued to grow in intensity. We continue to see creation groaning in travail and know for certain that the labour pains will only worsen as we near the end. All these things we see are warnings to us all to repent, turn to God, trust in Him and wait for our salvation to come. There will be no excuse as we stand at the judgment seat. We cannot say that we did not see the signs our Lord’s return was close.