Sunday 2 June 2013

His Life for the Sheep

  “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.”
 John 10:11

“I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me
- just as the Father knows me and I know the Father
- and I lay down my life for the sheep.”  (John 10:14-15)

"In service to his sheep, Jesus went to the limit and laid down his life for them. We, too, must serve our brethren; yes, and if necessary (although it rarely comes to that) lay down our lives for them. Let us ever remember that there is great joy in service.
Animal husbandry
Animal husbandry (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


Then, at close of day, in our case when our Lord returns, is the examination of his sheep, one by one, and if approved 'the rod is lifted' and we go forward into the sheep-fold, in our case, into the Kingdom of God.

It is all a privileged position we cannot appreciate too highly. In all our cases we can say, 'My cup runneth over' and we are confident with hope. 'Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.'"

- James Carter

+++

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment