The Bible and Science On 29th March, God willing, the Christadelphians are holding at Downend a series of seminar type presentations on "The Bible and Science" which are designed to show that there is abundant evidence in the creation for the existence of God.
These sessions will run from 2.30 to 7.15pm and will be held at the Downend Christadelphian Hall. The Presenters are Brethren John, Michael and James Thorpe. A Poster, together with a Programme giving full details of the individual sessions and the qualifications of the speakers, has been circulated to Ecclesias in the region. If anyone has missed this notice please email me at email@example.com for further details. It is hoped that the sessions will be attractive to youngsters from the age of 14, and to all Brethren and Sisters, interested in this fascinating subject. A Work book of guidance notes is being produced by the Thorpe brethren to help with the understanding of the topics being discussed. This will be a 48 page pdf document and copies can be emailed to anyone who books in and provides an email address. Please, therefore, will all those intending to come email Peter Bawdon at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 March at the latest. This will also enable us to gauge numbers for tea.
Please also do find the articles:
- Why think there’s a God? (1): Something from Nothing
- God’s design in the creation of the world
- Cosmos creator and human destiny
- Creator and Blogger God 3 Lesson and solution
- Creation of the earth out of something
- Is it “Wrong” to Believe that the Earth is a Sphere? Inclusive the first generation of Christadelphians their views
- A dialogue about the earth moving and spinning around the sun
- Science and God’s existence
- Science, scepticism, doubts and beliefs
- Are Science and the Bible Compatible?
- Bible containing scientific information
- Science and the Bible—Do They Really Contradict Each Other?
- Reconciling Science and Religion
- The mythical conflict of science and Scripture (1)
- The mythical conflict of science and Scripture (2)
- Science, belief, denial and visibility 1
- Science, belief, denial and visibility 2
- Ian Barbour connecting science and religion
- How to falsify a religion using scientific or historical evidence
- Science and Religion Harmonized (Once and For All...)
- Living on the edge
- Sharing thoughts and philosophical writings
- Words to push and pull & Words to bring message
- Unsure about relevance Bible
- The Bible: God’s Word or pious myth?
- Why believing the Bible
- The importance of Reading the Scriptures