Tuesday 10 March 2009

Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast



"Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast."

- William Shakespeare

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us lay aside every weight,
and the sin which so easily ensnares us,
and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith."
Hebrews 12:1-2

Jehovah let me lay aside what hinders me and free me from the distraction of sin, which would like to cling to me. Give that I compete in the right game and that I choose the right lane, doing the right job, not to give up. Let me continue to look to Jesus, who shows me the way because He is the captain of my faith. He let Himself be nailed on a wooden stake to save and could ignore the shame, because he knew what happiness was waiting for him. And now he sits in the place of honour next to the throne of God. Make that I in honour and conscience faithfully for him may appear to be chosen to be part of the coming Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment