Monday 1 June 2009

Every man's work is always a portrait of himself


"Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures
or architecture or anything else,
is always a portrait of himself."
- Samuel Butler (1835-1902)

"... be made new in the attitude of your minds;
and to put on the new self,
created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."
Ephesians 4:23-24

Jehovah, let me put away lie and every evil and let the work I perform be to construction.
Let me not cherish sinful lusts, remove any bad idea.
I want to be different than the people who do not care about God.
I want me to settle to Your desire.
Give that I become different by a new way of thinking, blessed by my baptism. Because of the baptism in Jesus death, I wish to be buried with him so that I, as Christ by the power of his Father from the dead is raised, a new life may lead. I wish that in Jesus name.


Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Elke man zijn werk is altijd een portret van zichzelf

No comments:

Post a Comment