Monday 3 August 2009

Prayer has comforted us in sorrow


"Prayer has comforted us in sorrow
and will help strengthen us for the journey ahead."
- GWB

"The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer."
Psalm 6:9

Hear my cry for mercy, oh God.
Understand me and hear me.
Let my prayers come  to you
and let them make my wishes clear.
Hear and accept my prayers
and allow them to strengthen me.
God, I am grateful that the prayer could comfort me in my grief
and that it can give me hope,
because I know that you want to listen to me
and that you want to accept my prayers.


Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Gebed heeft ons getroost in ons verdriet

Hasekura in prayer, following his conversion t...
Hasekura in prayer, following his conversion to Christianity in Madrid in 1615. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment