Tuesday 1 September 2009

From vintages of sorry are deepest joys distilled


"From vintages of sorry are deepest joys distilled,
And the cup outstretched for healing is oft at Marah filled;
God leads to joy through weeping, and to quietness through strife;
Through yielding unto conquest through death to endless life.
Be still! He hath enrolled thee for the kingdom and the crown.
Be silent! Let Him mold thee, who calls thee His own."
- Unknown

When I cannot enjoy the faith of assurance,
I live by the faith of adherence.
- Matthew Henry


"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him"
Psalm 37:7

“It is good that a man should hope and quietly wait for the salvation of Jehovah.”
Lamentation 3:26

God, my soul, wait in silence for You only;
for my expectation is from You.
I trust you and ask You to form me
so I can be as you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment