Thursday 19 November 2009

Do one thing at a time


"Do one thing at a time
and do that one thing as if your life depended upon it."
- Eugene Grace

”There is nothing we can do to make God love us more;
there is nothing we can do to make God love us less.”
does Philip Yancey say, but I would warn that there are things we can do that God does not love.

To the rich man, Lazarus was part of the landscape. If ever he did notice him, it never struck him that Lazarus had anything to do with him. He was simply unaware of his presence, or, if he was aware of it, he had no sense of responsibility for it... A man may well be condemned, not for doing something, but for doing nothing.
- William Barclay


You are free to choose,
but the choices you make today will determine what you will have,
be, and do in the tomorrows of your life.
- Author Unknown


We cannot all do great things but we can do small things with great love.
- Mother Theresa

"It is never too late to start doing what is right."
- Charles Swindoll


"Or what woman, having ten silver coins,
if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and
sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it?
And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors,
saying, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost.'
Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
Luke 15:8-10

Jehovah, for you I want to be ready.
Let me do the right job performing it the right way
Let me keep my eye on the track,
but always by putting the right steps.

Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Doe een ding tegelijk

No comments:

Post a Comment