Those things which may bring us in temptation do not always show their true face. When we give in we call such an action sinning.
In the old times already warnings were given. Everything got notated in a Book of books, in which people could find advice and guidance.
We ourselves do have to be aware that we just can not be perfect, but also can not expect others to be perfect. We also have to be careful how we look at others and do not judge them. By judging others we ourselves could be doing wrong. No man, except Christ Jesus was or is sinless. We may not have any illusion about that.
The one who makes us well and gives life was born long ago and after his death taken out of the dead, as an example to what can happen to us. To Jesus was authority given to to give eternal life.We may wonder if we 'Can we not do what Jesus did?' but should know it seems to be impossible, but there is no reason not to try it.
It all started very early at the beginning of times, in the garden of Eden, when the fall of man pulled us all in a terrible situation and got many people doubted God's right to have dominion over us and to judge us.
Some may say that
a thing is good when on its own account it ought to exist, and bad when on its own account it ought not to exist. If it seems to be in our power to cause a thing to exist or not to exist, we ought to try to make it exist if it is good, and not exist if it is bad.Though many try to bring things in existence which are not good at all. When a thing is good, it is fitting that we should feel pleasure in its existence. When it is bad, it is fitting that we should feel that there is something wrong with it. Somehow each person, like animals, has some inner feeling or instinct, of what is good or bad.
goodmeans the same as
that when we say a thing is good we mean that it is desired.but man has many desires which are not at all good for him.Therefore we do have to be careful with such a definition of "good" and "bad".
You also might say
ethical preferences are a mere matter of taste,and in a certain way they are and they can change by the standards of time. What might be considered the right way in one period of time may be considered the wrong way in an other period.
When people would listen much more to their inner voice, they would much easier know what is good and what is bad. Also when they would read the Bible and keep to its instructions there would be less difficulties in the world about the concern of doing good or bad, than everyone would have a correct guiding or measuring unit for goodness and badness.
This article is not meant to go deep into the matter, but is only provided to introduce the question and to present some interesting articles.
- Forbidden Fruit in the Midst of the Garden 1
- Forbidden Fruit in the Midst of the Garden 4
- A Living Faith #4 Effort
- Let not sin reign in your mortal body
- No time for immorality
- Integrity of the fellowship
- Looking for something or for the Truth and what it might be and self-awareness
- A voice and a Word given for wisdom
- No prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation
- The one who makes us well and gives life
- Authority given to him To give eternal life
- We are redeemed; we are “bought with a price”
- Can we not do what Jesus did?
- Salvation and Righteousness
- Atonement And Fellowship 4/8
- Atonement and the race been bought
- Missional hermeneutics 5/5
- May the Lord direct your hearts to …
- Cognizance at the doorstep or at the internet socket
- What Is Sanctification?