Isaac As A Type Of Christ
1. Isaac promised for a long time; his birth being a miracle. So with Jesus, he was promised from the beginning of the world and he was of miraculous conception.
2. Isaac took patiently the mocking from Ishmael, not retaliating. Jesus was mocked and persecuted by his brethren, yet he opened not his mouth.
3. Isaac and his father were alone on the mount. Christ bore his grief in close communion with his Father in Gethsemane.
4. Isaac did not object, but was great in faith. Christ submitted himself to His Father saying, “Not my will, but thine be done.”
5. Isaac and Christ both carried their wood.
6. Isaac knew what was to befall him and so did Christ. Isaac, as it were, was raised from the dead and Christ rose from the tomb.