Saturday 25 April 2009

Be not afraid of those trials which God may see fit to send upon thee



"Be not afraid of those trials which God may see fit to send upon thee. It is with the wind and storm of tribulation that God separates the true wheat from the chaff. Always remember, therefore, that God comes to thee in thy sorrows, as really as in thy joys. He lays low, and He builds up. Thou wilt find thyself far from perfection, if thou dost not find God in everything."

- M. De Molinos (c. 1628­-1697)

"Behold we count them happy which endure."
James 5:2

"If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons."
Hebrew 12:7

Christ had much to endure, let me follow his example.
Lord God give me strength to go through the many difficulties.
Let me defy them in a full faith.
Assist me in all my difficulties
and save me from evil, amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment