Thursday 17 December 2009

If there is bitterness in the heart


"If there is bitterness in the heart,
sugar in the mouth won't make life sweeter.
But God’s love makes the heart sweet,
And the mouth full of praise."
- Yiddish Proverb

"I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because
it is of Jehovah’s loving kindnesses that we are not consumed,
because his compassions
never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:19-23

“Now therefore, our God, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God,
who keeps covenant and mercy,
let not all the trouble seem little before you,
that has come upon us, on our kings, on our princes,
and on our priests, and on our prophets, and on our fathers, and on all your people,
since the time of the kings of Assyria unto this day.”
Nehemia 9:32
Dutch version / Nederlandse versie > Als er bitterheid in het hart is
+++
2013 update:
 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment