|Religion and its contribution to culture of peace (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
All created in the image of God do have received intelligence and some instinct also knowing good and bad. Throughout history people looked for ways to form their minds. They created different systems to form the soul (spirit/pneuma/psyche/mind). In this way they also created rites or returning actions which were recognised by others and as such got them labelled under religious and spiritual groups. In their truest deepest form religion and spirituality may belong together.
Faith - is the demonstration of our spiritual beliefs even if it is a combination of various spiritualities
interfaith is the sharing of one's faith with others to gain an understanding of one's beliefs. When we look at "Interfaith" we may find a situation were the people present a willingness to overlook the borders of the different faithgroups. Those who consider themselves belonging to an interfaith are persons of goodwill who want to reconcile the various opinions, beliefs, faiths and sometimes invention of the wide variety of religions which have developed as a result of the lack of understanding of the true facts of our spirituality.
|His Religion and Hers (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
As explained in the several articles on Spirituality and Religosity on Stepping Toes, "Spirituality" requires no belief or faith, because it has the knowledge of its abilities and experience. Our mind can think and guide our body. Without a healthy mind we shall not be able to get a healthy body.
Today we see that some sort of cross-fertilisation is occurring within and between religions at this juncture of history.
As we are caught up with it and feel the energies of the process positively so we find ourselves sustained by what we are calling "spirituality", and exhilarating tone of life that is a vibrant reality for many - whether our lives are full of suffering and tragedy or just plain humdrum, or remarkably privileged amonst the gross inequalities of our lives. So our old religious homes are actually benefitting from this renewal rather than fading away and dying. There remains however the problems of fanaticism and desperation and exclusivism in religions. Can our spiritualities overcome our new fanaticisms and the continuing oppressive inequalities of our ancient political economies which seem to revive old types of wars of religion?writes George Armstrong.
according to Rev. Stephen Albert:
"Interfaith" is not a religion. It does not have a set of rules that require an adherent to act or perform one way or another. Those who call or involve themselves with Interfaith, may celebrate one or more religious traditions and they honor the many people who believe differently than they. The beauty of interfaith is that once you take the time to investigate the deeper beliefs of a religious group of people, the more they begin sounding just like you. Abigail and I just returned from the NAIN (North American Interfaith Network) conference in Detroit Michigan where 150 or so people from a variety of faiths celebrated the similarities and the differences of the many religions. They were not afraid to ask the "hard questions" and to more deeply interact with new friends and colleagues. For the last two years I have mentioned this yearly conference to this group and, besides us, only Laura Zinn has attended. By the way, her workshops were great and she is a great organizer and presenter. Mark your calendars now to attend the NAIN Connect from July 19-22, 2015 in Regina Saskatchewan Canada. Bring your interfaith friends or even those who believe their way is the only way (They won't come anyway). The events are fun, they feed us great and you will come away with a great respect for whatever you believe. Blessings.
WP Religion (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
- Religions and Mainliners
- What is faith and is it the only thing required
- Do not forget the important sign of belief
- Living in faith
- Science, belief, denial and visibility 1
- Science, belief, denial and visibility 2
- Ian Barbour connecting science and religion
- Religion and spirituality
- Looking for True Spirituality 1 Intro
- Looking for True Spirituality 2 Not restricted to an elite
- Looking for True Spirituality 3 Mind of Christ
- Looking for True Spirituality 4 Getting to Know the Mind of Christ
- Looking for True Spirituality 5 Fruitage of the Spirit
- Looking for True Spirituality 6 Spirituality and Prayer
- Looking for True Spirituality 7 Preaching of the Good News
- Looking for True Spirituality 8 Measuring Up
- Self-development, self-control, meditation, beliefs and spirituality
- Experiencing God
- The Supreme Being God of gods
- Cosmos creator and human destiny
- Only One God
- God is One
- Our relationship with God, Jesus and eachother
- Patriarch Abraham, Muslims, Christians and the son of God
- Preparedness to change
- Being Religious and Spiritual 1 Immateriality and Spiritual experience
- Being Religious and Spiritual 2 Religiosity and spiritual life
- Being Religious and Spiritual 3 Philosophers, Avicennism and the spiritual
- Being Religious and Spiritual 5 Gnostic influences
- Being Religious and Spiritual 4 Philosophical, religious and spiritual people
- Fruits of the spirit will prevent you from being either inactive or unfruit
- American atheists most religiously literate Americans